Learn to make the easiest burp cloth EVER with this 10 Minute Burp Cloth Tutorial. This burp cloth is the perfect gift for that sweet little baby or perfect for your own little bundle.
Hello everyone! I am so excited to share the 10 Minute Burp Cloth Tutorial with you. It is the EASIEST burp cloth ever! This burp cloth will take you 10 minutes and the hardest part about it will be choosing your fabric.
I just recently had the sweetest and cutest baby girl EVER! I may be a little biased, but she is pretty cute. I love having plenty of burp cloths around for those little mishaps that occur with even the sweetest of babies. So, when I saw this pattern at our fabulous new fabric store, I had to have it. (If you haven’t been to our new store…you HAVE to visit it. The store is amazing.) Burp cloths are so handy, and they also make amazing baby gifts. I LOVE them. So, what do you say we get started? Ready, Set, Let’s Sew!
The 10-Minute Burp Cloth Pattern (Get it Here)
*After you save the pattern to your computer…open it in a Microsoft Word Document and make it fit the whole page before you print it out.
2 Coordinating Flannel Fat Quarters
*I used the bright and beautiful fabric from the Hello Sunshine line. The Ribbon Retreat has a wonderful selection of fun and beautiful flannel.
*I used our So Fine! thread that is perfect for any project.
Let’s Do This…
1. Cut out your pattern.
2. Fold your fat quarter in half with the selvage edges on the left and right sides.
3. Place your pattern on your fat quarter. You will want to put the pattern 1/4″ from the edge of your fat quarter. Place the bottom of your pattern right at the fold of your fat quarter. This is going to allow you to make 2 burp cloths.
4. Pin your pattern to your fat quarter so it will not move while cutting out the burp cloth.
5. Cut out the burp cloth.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 with your 2nd fat quarter.
7. You now have 2 burp cloths pieces cut out. Guess what…you are almost done. PHEW!
8. Iron both pieces.
9. Place wrong sides of fabric together and pin them together. Now comes my favorite part…the sewing.
10. Place your foot onto your burp cloth so you will have a 1/2″ seam all around. This is going to give you enough room to cut cute little slits along the outside edge of your burp cloths, adding a sweet little touch.
11. Sew all around the burp cloth. (Don’t forget to back stitch at the beginning and end.)
12. If you need to trim around the edges so they are uniform, you can trim them now to make nice clean edges.
13. Clip around the edges of your burp cloth but be SO careful not to cut all the way to the seam. I spaced mine about 1/4″ to 1/2″ apart from each other.
Optional: Wash your burp cloth to fray those little slits. Here is a picture of both so you can decide how you want to gift this burp cloth.
You are done! Wasn’t that amazingly fast. Now you have a perfect gift for your little one or for a sweet little friend. I rolled my burp cloths up and wrapped them with tulle.
The Ribbon Retreat also has a great selection of both regular and glimmer tulle. Doesn’t this look so cute and perfect for a gift?!?
Now…use the rest of that fat quarter and make another one. Sew away!
Thank you for hanging out with us and letting me share this burp cloth tutorial with you. Please leave me a comment below if you have questions. Also, I would love to hear if you gave your burp cloth to a special little someone. TTFN!