Making an attractive and fast home decor project is so fun. This Button and Fabric Decor tutorial is quick, easy, and requires very little supplies. If you only have a second but want to create some adorable decor, this is the project for you.
Hi wonderful Ribbon Retreat Readers. I am so excited to share this EASY and FAST Button and Fabric Decor tutorial with you. All you need is a bare space on a wall, 30 minutes, and a couple of supplies.
Here we go. Start your timers.
30 minutes…ready, set, let’s SEW (well, not really. No sewing required for this one).
1. Lay scrap of batting & fabric on top of cork board and trim down so there is at least 1/2″ to 1″ hanging over all 4 sides.
2. Flip cork board, batting, and fabric over. Fold both the batting and fabric over the cork board and start stapling. Make sure to pull fabric and batting tight to eliminate the fabric from sagging in the front.
3. Continue stapling around the edge of the cork board. When you get to the corner fold the corner up so the edge of the fabric is parallel with the edge of the cork board and staple.
4. Continue stapling around the entire cork board until all fabric and batting is secure.
5. When the fabric is all secure and stapled to the back of the cork board, flip board over. On the front, free hand or trace your desired letter. I used a silver sharpie so I could see my letter on the fabric but could also easily cover up my writing with the buttons.
6. Start tracing your letter with hot glue. Trace approximately 2-3 inches at a time. Quickly start adding your buttons RANDOMLY onto the hot glue. Work as fast as you can.
7. Continue tracing letter with hot glue and adding buttons to the letter. I did 3 layers of buttons of various sizes to add dimension to my letter.
You are almost done….
8. Optional: If you would like, you can hang your decor with tulle. I folded a long piece of tulle in half, stapled it, and tied a knot (about 6 inches up from the decor) creating a loop to use as my hanger. I then tied a bow to add a little pizazz.
STOP the timer…you are DONE!!! In 30 minutes you now have an adorable home decor craft made, mostly, with scrap supplies you had on hand.
I made my Button and Fabric Decor for my little girl’s bedroom. I also made a “K”, to complete her initals. I have had multiple people ask me where I bought them, which always makes my day. SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…it’s our little secret. We will never tell them how easy and fast these are to make.