Hello, Ribbon Retreat readers! It’s Lindsay from Artsy-Fartsy Mama, and I’m excited to share three fabulous jewelry tutorials with all of you today! Even if you’re a beginner at jewelry-making, these pieces are simple and fun to make!
Jewelry makes great gifts. It is also just as fun to make for yourself to dress up your holiday wardrobe. With a little ribbon and some basic jewelry supplies, you’ll be able to create custom jewelry in no time!
I also really love the idea of taking your gift a step further by placing the jewelry in a gift box, then tying it up with the same ribbon you used to make the jewelry!!
DIY Ribbon Chain Bracelet
To make this DIY Ribbon Chain Bracelet, you’ll need:
Chain (try to find one that the links lay flat, all facing the same direction)
*I actually found a necklace and it ended up being the perfect length.
1. Cut two chains for your bracelet. Measure your wrist and add half an inch or so to get your custom bracelet measurement.
2. Cut a piece of ribbon 2-3 times the length of the chain. The longer, the better. You don’t want to run out of ribbon in the middle of your project!
3. Lay the 2 chains next to each other. Loop the ribbon through the first 2 chain pieces, then wrap them around each other or tie a knot to bind them together. Make sure both ends of the ribbon are the same length.
4. The ribbon ends should be on the “back” side of the bracelet. Cross them over and bring them up through the next chains, like you would thread a shoe lace.
5. Thread the ribbon through front to back, then back to front again to get the “X” stitch.
6. Once you get to the end, tie off the ribbon and cut the ends. Secure the ends down with some super glue.
7. Add a jump ring to each end of the chain, then attach your clasp.
8. Enjoy showing off your new accessory at your next holiday party or wrap it up as a gift!
DIY Ribbon & Pearl Bracelet
To make this DIY Ribbon & Pearl Bracelet, you’ll need:
1. Turn the bow over and with a needle, poke a hole on the right and left sides of the part that wraps around the bow in the center.
2. Use the jewelry pliers to open two jump rings and push them through the holes you just made.
3. Hook one end of the chain on each jump ring, then close the jump rings with the pliers.
4. Add a jump ring to the other ends of the chains. Close one, then add the lobster clasp to the other.
5. Put on your “bow tie” for your next holiday party!
Big thanks to Michelle for having me here to share these holiday jewelry tutorials with you today! If you are looking for more Christmas ideas, be sure to stop by Artsy-Fartsy Mama!
Thank you Lindsay! These DIY Ribbon Jewelry pieces are incredible. They are cute, stunning, and would be the perfect gift for someone you love OR for yourself. I have a couple of outfits they would fit perfectly with…wink, wink! Thank you again Lindsay! You are so creative and fun, and I am so happy to have you as our newest Contributor! For more amazing projects by Lindsay, pop on over to Artsy-Fartsy Mama for more FABulous fun!
Can you believe how easy it is to create custom jewelry? Have you ever thought to use some of these fun products, from our store, to create such fun projects? Who knew glitter elastic could be used to create such a stunning piece of jewelry! It would be so much fun to make one in every color we offer and a ribbon bracelet in lots of different ribbon colors, designs, and styles.
For more awesome DIY jewelry tutorials, click here. They would be great presents for sisters, moms, friends, neighbors or co-workers. 🙂