Hi! I’m Tam from Sew Dang Cute Crafts.
I love the different headbands that everyone wears these days, especially for little girls. I’ve wanted some for my daughters for a long time, and I’m so excited to be here today to tell you that I finally made some for them.
The first headband I made was a black metal headband.
* A Metal headband – bended end – $0.65
* Felt circle – Felt Circles are 10 precisely cut circles sold in two sizes – 1 1/4″ and 1 3/4″
* Hot glue
STEP ONE: Place a bead of hot glue on the felt circle and glue it to the metal headband.
STEP TWO: Take the flower and glue it to the headband/felt circle.
Pretty easy, huh?
Next I made an elastic headband.
* 3/8” Grosgrain Ribbon– If you aren’t sure of the ribbon color, at the time of your order
comment to have them choose the best color match to your flower.
STEP ONE: Cover metal clip with ribbon.
1. Cut piece of ribbon about 3 times the size of the clip.
2. Open clip and place some hot glue on the inside of the clip.
3. Cover the glue with ribbon.
4. Flip clip over and place some hot glue on the back side of the clip.
5. Fold ribbon over and glue in place.
6. Place a dot of hot glue on the inside tabs of the clip.
7. Push the ribbon in to glue in place.
8. Fold the remaining piece of over and glue in place.
9. Finished clip.
The Ribbon Retreat also has a video tutorial on How to Line a Clip.
Click on the link to view the video.
STEP TWO: Place some hot glue on the bottom of the flower, and glue the clip to the flower.
STEP THREE: Cut a piece of elastic about 1” smaller than the size of child’s head. Stitch two ends together.
STEP FOUR: Clip finished flower to elastic headband.
The last headband I made was a ribbon-covered one.
For this one I started off with these 1/4” plastic headbands. Then used grosgrain ribbon (again requesting to have the color that best matched my flower) and this How to Wrap a Headband with Ribbon video tutorial to cover the headband.
Once the headband was covered, I simply clipped my flower in place on the loop.
Pretty slick, huh?
I love that I have so many choices now with headbands!
My girls sure are excited about it too!!!
Thanks so much for having me here today!
I hope you will stop by and say “hello” over at Sew Dang Cute Crafts!
These Pom Posy flowers are so beautiful and at these prices, you can have one in every color!
Many thanks to Tam for her wonderful tutorial!
Make sure to visit her blog for lots of fun stuff!
If you have great tutorials and a fun idea you would like to share on The Ribbon Retreat Blog,
please submit a project.
Have a great day!