Hello everyone! I’m Becky from Patchwork Posse. I’m here to share a project to use your small bits of ribbon and fabric with. I blog about lots of easy sewing projects, and I’m the home of the Yearly Round Robin.
Taking my dog for a walk is one of my favorite things to do. They love the outdoors and exploring everywhere. A leash is a must have for any pet owner– and even pets need a little bit of something extra special sometimes.
Sew up a leash using your scrap ribbon and fabric for a customized leash for your favorite pet.
ribbon scraps 1/4″ wide X any length
fabric- 28 3″ X 6″ pieces
Sew your fabric pieces end to end so you have one long piece.
1) Fold in half and iron.
2) Fold the sides in -meeting in the center and iron.
3) Fold in half and iron.
4) Tuck the ends in and iron.
5) Sew down both sides of the leash.
6) Taking your ribbon scraps- sew them end to end to make a long strip as long as your leash piece.
7) Place in the center of the leash and sew down both sides- tuck under the ends, hiding the raw edge.
8) Slip swivel clip in one end, folding up the leash and sew to secure.
9) Handle– Fold the other end over 8″ and sew to secure.
Be sure to stop by and say hi, and check out all of my easy sewing projects.
It’s official, I am in love with $5.00 Fridays and how quick and easy these incredible projects come together…and how friendly they are on our budgets! This leash is awesome and will be a hit with your four legged friends, and who doesn’t love turning fabric and ribbon scraps into something delightsome and so fun and practical.
Great job Becky! You are so talented and innovative, and I love it! To see more of Becky’s wonderful work, check out her blog at Patchwork Posse. You will get to see more of Becky’s fabulous talent for sewing gorgeous quilts, clothes, bags, pillows and so much more!
Do you need more ideas for a quick and easy project that will only cost you a couple of buckeroos? Take a look at these fast projects that are also very friendly on a girl’s budget…
To make your very own Dog Leash or any of the above projects, stop by the Ribbon Retreat where you will find ALL of the supplies you need plus more!
Happy Creating & $5.00 Friday!