Sequins, and sequins, and sequins…OH MY! Have you ever seen such a cute and attractive bow that instantly catches your eye? These stunning little bows are a perfect embellishment to add some glitz and glam to projects, hair accessories, or really…anything that needs a little bling!
These eye catching sequin bows are pre-made for your crafting and bow making convenience and with a quick little minute and small dab of hot glue, you can create an attractive and blingy masterpiece. You really can add these great bows to anything, but I am loving how incredible these shiny bows look coupled together with some adorable elastic to make a quick and super easy hair accessory perfect for babies, little girls, young women, and you!
The Ribbon Retreat is full of fabulous fold over elastic in bold and rich colors, designs like chevrons, dots and damasks, and fun ruffly ruffles. And, all of these elastics look fantastic with our sequin bows found in brilliant and bright colors from Lime to Festive Fuchsia and can be purchased in a 2″ size or a JUMBO size.
Let’s get started…
Hot glue a 2″ sequin bow to the top of a jumbo sequin bow.
To create a headband with the fold over elastic…
1. Measure and cut one piece of elastic for the headband and a small 2-3″ piece for the loop to attach a clip to.
2. Put a small dab of hot glue on one end of the elastic.
3. Hot glue ends of elastic together to create the headband.
4. Attach the small piece of elastic to the headband. Lay small piece against the headband and apply hot glue to the back of the headband where the small piece of elastic will create a loop.
5. Adhere one end of the small piece of elastic to hot glue on headband.
6. Wrap other end of the small piece of elastic around headband and adhere it to the other end.
7. Hot glue a felt circle to the inside of the headband.
8. Hot glue sequin bow to felt circle with the headband sandwiched in between.
If you can see the felt circle on the front of your bow, remove the small piece.
Simple, sweet, and so super easy!
These sequin bows are so cute, I couldn’t make just one. For my next headband, I used our ruffle fold over elastic to add even more personality. I also attached this bow to a hair clip that can easily be removed from the headband and used as a clip as well. So cute!
To create this ruffle headband, follow the same steps above with the addition of lining your clip with the ruffle elastic and hot gluing the clip to the back of the sequin bow (pictured below in steps 5-8).
I am in love with these sassy sequin bows, fold over elastic in vibrant pink and ruffly yellow and how easy and fast it was to create a unique hair accessory full of glitz, glam and personality!
Remove the bow from the headband and see how cute it is as a clip too!!!
Grab your sequin bows for cheap, cheap cheap. The sweet little 2″ bows are only $1.00 a piece, and they come in 20 different color options. The mighty JUMBO sequin bows are only $1.90 a piece and come in 15 stunning colors. And…don’t forget our fold over elastic that for only $1.00 gets you 2 yards of fabulous elastic that can be used in a plethora of crafts, projects and everyday uses.
Are you in love with these sweet little bows? Instead of attaching them to an adorable headband, thrown them on a bracelet just like these…
Need more ideas for using fold over elastic? Check out these other fun projects showcasing this great product…
What would you make using sequin bows and fold over elastic?